Linda Lee not only teaches you the ins and outs of the most popular free blogging platform on the planet, she will lead you in a hands-on application of your newfound skills to create your very own author blog.
She’ll even give you tips on content!
You must bring your wifi-enabled laptop because you’ll be creating your blog LIVE!
What you will learn:
- We will set up your WordPress website on the spot.
- If you already have a WordPress website, we will use that as we learn.
- You will learn how to write a post or page
- How to add keywords, tags and categories
- How to search engine optimize every post or page on your website
- How to work with images
- How to upload images and place them in your pages or posts
- How to work with sizes of images on your website
- How to add space and align your images
- You will set up a Gravatar account and your Gravatar image
- How to moderate comments and avoid spam
- Understanding the dashboard inside WordPress
- There will be a question and answer time block
- You will have access after class to videos going over everything we have learned
What people are saying about Linda Lee and her training:
“Linda Lee made it very easy to understand and follow what we learned.
This is great education and it helped me very much!”
“I found this training invaluable. I left with a WordPress website and I understood how to use the basics.
I has tried to learn on my own, but found it too confusing. Linda takes the complicated and makes it very easy to understand.”
“I finally got to build a website for my business. You made it so easy to understand and I walked out with a website and
the knowledge I needed to use it.”
“I am so glad I took this class. It was exactly what I was looking for. The follow up videos were very helpful to refresh what
I had already learned in the class. I also love my new website and I finally have a Gravatar when I leave comments online”.
Date: Sat April 21, 2012 Stanford University
Tresidder Memorial Union
459 Lagunita Dr | Stanford, CA 94305
Time: 9:00 am -12:00
Bring your computer, we will be working live
and we have Wifi access for all.
Coffee and morning snack provided
In the afternoon you can sign up for:
Stanford University Palo Alto, California
in partnership with San Francisco Writers University
a project of the non-profit San Francisco Writers Conference
Lately I’ve been doing a lot of one-on-one consulting with authors on self-publishing, and I can tell you that the dollars really add up. So save time and money in the learning process and avoid costly mistakes. The cost of this workshop gives you over $1000 worth of self-publishing guidance It’s worth your time and money. Promise! –Carla King
– Find your path from the many self-publishing options
– Budget: From free to fee, what’s worth paying for and what’s not
– How to find and work with editors, designers, and ebook formatters
– Self-publishing, partner-publishing, and getting a traditional book deal
– Develop a platform to successfully market and promote your book
– Book discovery: Websites, social media, and SEO for dummies
– Distribution possibilities for your ebook, print book, and book app
– Avoid common self-publishing pitfalls
– The latest print edition of Carla King’s Self-Publishing Boot Camp Guide for Authors, an easy-to-use, step-by-step guide under 100 pages with handy checklists to make sure you don’t forget to do anything.
You will need to have Featured Content Gallery installed and set up on your website first.
If you would like to hire me to do that for you, please contact me.